Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Spooky Fun

As soon as I saw the new Halloween decor elements in the Holiday Mini I had ideas bouncing around my head for it (kind of like an idea pin ball machine in my head!!!).  I love decorating for Halloween and I love all the little Trick-or-Treaters that come around.  This year's Halloween decor elements are fantastic...becuase I love cute Halloween!  Here's what the set looks like.
Isn't it cute?  I *heart* that little owl!!!  My only issue with it is that I loved it, but didn't want to put it up on my wall only to have to take it down after Halloween.  I found a way to use it and be able to use it every year.  Do you want to see?


It looks like it took more work than it actually did...I promise!  To start with, I crumpled and tore 2 and a half sheets of Cajun Craze DSP (from the Regals Stack).  I then glued it down to the paper that comes in the frame so I knew it would be the right size.  I wasn't too careful when I glued it down, I just made sure it would stick.  Then I rubbed Cajun Craze ink all over it with a sponge...this accentuated the wrinkles and torn edges.  Then I made a moon.  It's done the same way as the rest of the background, only I used So Saffron DSP and sponged it with More Mustard ink.


The actual decor element pieces are applied to the glass in the frame.  They were pretty easy to put on...one piece at a time!  I put the decor elements on before I did the background and used the picture that came in the frame as a guide for where to put the moon.  And, I did have to trim the decor element branch to fit the frame (it's actually 30 inches long and my frame is only 16x20).  My frame is a barn wood frame, which I purchased at a local big box craft store...with a coupon!!!

There are 3 spiders that come in the set.  Tomorrow I will show you what I did with them!

Have an inspired day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!