Monday, January 16, 2012

Come Fly With Me!

I'm bringing back Mini Catalog Monday with a super fun card today!  One of the new sets in the Occasions Mini that I immediately fell in love with is the Send Me Soaring set...full of kites and fun sayings to go along with them!

The card I'm sharing today, is another of my recent swap cards.  I made loads of these and I will say, I seriously underestimated the amount of sponging with this card when making 30 of them!!!!


I did something really fun with the kite!  It's a striped kite, but I didn't want stripes all the same size when I colored it.  So, I inked it up with Pool Party ink and then colored between some of the stripes with my Poppy Parade marker.  By coloring between the strips (sticking the tip of the marker in the spaces of the image) you get a thin line on either side of where you colored.  It was perfect for the look I was going for!

I sponged EVERYTHING with Soft Suede ink.  This toned down the Poppy Parade red enough that I was able to use the new Riding Hood Red ruffled ribbon!!!  I {heart} this ribbon...it comes already riffled and stitched down the center.  It's satin and oh, so soft!!!  It comes in 4 colors...and you're gonna want all 4...trust me!!!

Wondering about that Designer Paper below the kite?  It's from the package of DSP that you can earn FREE during Sale-A-Bration (starting Jan 24)!

Have an inspired day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!