Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Hostess Bookmarks

Like I have mentioned a few times, I had a new club start recently and with a new club starting I decided to try some new stuff with them!  I think they are enjoying being my "guinea pigs" for some of my new ideas and the few things I have changed or started have been going so well that I think I'm going to start doing them with all my clubs!

One of the things I decided to try was a hostess bookmark (thanks for the idea Kristine!).  A while back I ordered a boatload of clear vinyl bookmark sleeves.  One of the things I've done with some of them is make some bookmarks for my club members with everyone's hostess  months on them.  With this fun little hybrid digital project, everyone knows when their hostess month is as well as when everyone else's month is so if they need to trade hostess months they know who to talk to!


This one is a little different than the ones I gave my club girls.  On theirs, their month is printed in Tangerine Tango, and a little bigger than the rest of the text so it stands out.   The part with their months was done on My Digital Studio, and I used the Summer Smooches download for the flower...which is part of the April promotion and you will be able to get it beginning April 1!  After it was printed and on the bookmark base, I added a little bling in the form of a rhinestone!


You'll see some strips of DSP tied with some Whisper White Baker's Twine along the top of the bookmark...those are also part of the Summer Smooches products (not the Baker's Twine, just the DSP!!!).  Did you catch the Daffodil Delight ribbon tied at the top?  Yep, it's part of the Summer Smooches suite too!  *wink*  I bet you can't wait until April 1 to get your hands on these super fun products!!!!!  In addition to the Daffodil Delight ribbon at the top, I used Tangerine Tango and Island Indigo.  I love all the texture with the three different ribbons!

I think my club girls were surprised and delighted by these fun bookmarks...at least I hope they were!!!!  I had a blast making them and giving them to my club girls and can't wait until my next club starts so I can do this again!

Today is Tuesday and you know what that means...NEW Digital Downloads!!!!  You can find today's downloads here.  Check them out...I know there's something in there that you will love!

Well folks, that's all for today!  Have an inspired day!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me of my own idea. Ha ha. Now to locate those bookmark sleeves. Yours look awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!