Friday, March 23, 2012

Tulips!

There are some things that just scream spring to me!  One of those things is Tulips.  The other morning my mom called and asked if we were going to be around.  She had a meeting to come to down here and wanted to stay with us for a night.  It was really short notice, but of course I said it was ok!  Yesterday before she went back home, she came back here for a little visit with the kids and when she got back to the house, she had some tulips for me.  I love them!

Now, I don't get flowers very often, so I had to search for the "safe place" I keep my one and only vase in!!!  I put the tulips in some water and they looked pretty, but needed a little something.  So, this morning I added some ribbon and a super cute tag to the vase.


I used my favorite Two Tags die and cut half of the tag that folds.  Then I embellished with a strip of So Saffron DSP which I edged with some Lucky Limeade cardstock that was punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch.  I stuck the punched pieces on the DSP so that just the little scallops were peeking out and then I stamped one of my favorite sentiments on it.  You can find this sentiment in the Pursuit of Happiness set.

The flower was done with the new Blossom punch which you can find in the Occasions Mini right now.  Or, you can sign up for my  Blossom Punch/Mixed Bouquet class on March 30 and get one as well as doing some fun projects with it!  If you want more info on the class, please let me know.  I need to know if you want to join me by Monday at the latest!

There are two sneak peek items on this project!  Can you guess what they are?

And, on a day when I look out my backdoor and see this...


And my dogs go outside and end up looking like this...



Seeing this on my dining room table is fantastic....


Thanks for the tulips mom!

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!