Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mickey Memories

Since our Disney trip was full of firsts for our boys, I wanted them to have a way to record all the things they were doing and how exciting it was for them.  Before we left, I made each of them little scrapbooks using the 5x5 Art Journals (on the retiring list).

Yesterday, I mentioned how I wrote in my journal each night.  I had them do the same with their little scrapbooks and we also left some blank pages for them to put pictures in.


I used some Real Red polka dot DSP (from the Brights Stack) and covered both the front and back of their books.  The Mickeys were made with Basic Black cardstock which I cut with the Circles die.  I downloaded a free Disney font and printed their names on Daffodil Delight cardstock to personalize each of their books.  I trimmed around the words and punched the ends with my square punch to make a banner.  I finished them off with a few ribbons tied on one of the coils.

It was so sweet to see them write about their day in their books.  They were so excited to read to us what they wrote and it was amazing to hear and read what their favorite experiences were.  They are excited to add some pictures and take their books to school to share with their friends and teachers!

One last thing to share today!  Here's a picture of us in front of the castle in the Magic Kingdom in Disney World.


And, us with Mickey at Animal Kingdom!


That's all for today.  Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!