Sunday, July 1, 2012

Simple Birthday

Happy Canada Day!!!!  I hope all my Canadian friends out there are having a great long weekend.  The weather here is fantastic and we are having a blast camping with some friends, making s'mores, bike riding, cursing the mosquitos and working on our tans by the majestic Rocky Mountains!

Because it's Canada's birthday, I thought I would share a fun and easy birthday card with you today.


This was one of the cards I demoed at my Stamp & Share night with my downline a couple weeks ago.  My card is 3x6...my favorite size of card to make!  I started with a Night of Navy base and stamped all over the top with the "happy birthday" from the Wacky Wishes hostess set in Night of Navy ink.  I layered on a strip of Daffodil Delight which I embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and embellished with a little bit of Whisper White stitched Grosgrain ribbon.  On top of that is my main image...the cupcake from the Easy Events set.  I colored the image with markers and punched it out.  I used a die to get the right size circle to mat it with and it has been put on the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.  And, just cause it needed a little bling, I colored over the icing of the cupcake with some Dazzling Details!

And, for you scrapbooking folk, here's a 6x6 page done using the same supplies.


Now, I know we don't sell 6x6 albums anymore, but this could easily be put on an 8x8, 8 1/2 x 11 or 12x12 page!

That's all for today!  If you will be watching fireworks tonight somewhere in Canada, enjoy them!

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!