Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Canning Made Easy!

Canning...'tis the season!!!  Do you can?  For some people the word canning sends shivers down their spine (like spiders do for me!).  In reality, canning isn't that hard, it's just time consuming.  I know how to can some stuff and if you've been reading my blog for any length of time you know I can make jam...lots of jam...we still have lots of jam...from last year!!!!

This past weekend I went to the We CAN Stamp Mini Convention in Millet.  I love going to these events for a few reasons.  First, I get to spend the day with my stamping friends I don't get to see often.  Second, I always get inspired.  And, three, I usually get to demonstrate something and share with and inspire my stamping friends!  This time, because I really wasn't healed enough to stamp, I did a presentation on vendor fairs and setting up displays with  my friend and downline member Sherri!

Right about now, you're probably wondering how this relates to canning...right?  Hang in there...I'm getting to that!!!

At these events, my upline Christy always has a little something for the people who demo.  I love the little things she has for us and I really loved what she had this weekend.  You see, she did some canning for us!


Isn't it fantastic?  She "canned" fuzzy peaches for us!!!!!  YUM!!!  I love this kind of canning!  Mason jars are fantastic for all kinds of things and Stampin' Up! product can help you decorate you jars for any occasion!


A little fabric over the part of the lid that seals is a fantastic way to jazz up the jar.  And while you're at it, tie a piece of ribbon around it and add a fun tag.  It's the little things, right!  Christy used products from the Orchard Harvest Product Suite in the Holiday Catalog for this project.  You can find all the Stampin' Up! products she used in my online store.  So go ahead and place your order and in no time you too will be canning the easy way!

Sadly, as I was working on an MDS project yesterday, my fuzzy peaches vanished from my jar...I'm not sure how that happened!!!!!

Have an inspired day!


1 comment:

  1. It's not canning....hello!!!! It's Jarring! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!