Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy BOO to you!

Well, today I was supposed to post the second of my Parade of Ornaments along with another video, but it just seemed weird to be posting a Christmas ornament on Halloween!  So, I have decided to show you one last Halloween project (that you could have finished for tonight if you wanted!) and the ornament and video will post tomorrow.

Yesterday after school, Carter and I made 120 pretzel pumpkins.  They were super easy, loads of fun and only took us about 40 minutes start to finish!  I dipped and he did the stems...


All you need is little pretzels, orange candy melts and green M&Ms.  I melted my candy melts in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.  Once they were all melted, I dipped the pretzels in and then put them on waxed paper lined cookie sheets and before they hardened, Carter put a green M&M on them so they would have a stem.  Once they hardened, and we tasted for quality control, I packaged a lot of them up in some of the Medium Cello bags tied with a ribbon and a cute tag.


The tags are super simple.  I used the Spooky Bingo bits and stamped a bit before punching with the Tag Punch.  The bags are tied shut (and the tags are attached) with some of the narrow Taffeta ribbon in either Pumpkin Pie or Old Olive.  Super cute and super easy...I hope the kids enjoy them!

I also did up some little treat bags for some super special little ones.  Again, a VERY easy project...I just stamped some small white paper bags.


So, if you're looking for some simple last minute Halloween projects, I hope you've been inspired.  Happy BOO to you and have an inspired day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!