Friday, October 26, 2012

It's So Sparkly, I Could Die!!!!!

In my head I'm saying my title like the little girl on Despicable Me when she gets the fluffy unicorn at the fair!!!  So, you need to read it with that voice too...it's funnier that way!!!!  And, if you have never seen Despicable Me...you need to!!

Now that we've got that out of the way lets continue with the post.  Today I'm going to start out with a story...about my childhood.  I have fond memories of decorating the Christmas tree each year when I was a kid.  It was always so fun to open the boxes and remember where we got or made each of the ornaments.  Some of the ones we made as preschool aged kids got a lot of laughs as we got older!!!!  My brother and I each had some special ornaments that only we could hang...and now I'm experiencing that with my own kids!  When I saw the long ovalish ornament in the Ornament Keepsakes set, it quickly reminded me of a particular set of ornaments we had (and my parents still have...well, most of the set!).  The ornaments are long and skinny just like the one in the stamp set and they have diagonal glitter stripes on them (my description isn't doing it justice...sorry!).  When I saw that ornament, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it.


After stamping the ornament I used my 2-Way Glue pen on the solid parts of the ornament and then dumped glitter on it!  Anyone who knows me well, knows I don't do glitter very often especially in this amount or at workshops.  Truth be told, glitter and it's ability to stick to EVERY surface scares me!  Inevitably when the glitter comes out I sparkle from head to toe, my office looks like Las Vegas threw up in it, and my dogs end up with glittered noses.  But I did it...I braved the glitter mess and used it on this card...at a workshop...and everyone loved it!!!!!  Hard to photograph all that sparkle and shine, but trust me, you almost need sunglasses to look at this card!!!!!

Did you notice the stamping along the side of the card?  It's also done with an image from the Ornament Keepsakes set which I just stamped (with the help of my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig) down the side of the card.  Even with clear mount stamps, the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig helps when you're stamping multiple images and want them perfectly lined up.

A little paper piercing, a ribbon knot and a sweet "merry" finish off this card nicely.   Here are a couple close-up shots for you.



It's a fairly simple card, but it packs a lot of punch with all that glitter!  And, I love the non-traditional colors of it...Island Indigo, Pool Party and Whisper White.

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!