Friday, February 1, 2013

Sweet Pressed

Confession time!  It's been a while since I used my Sweet Pressed Cookies stamps.  In fact, I have a set that has never seen dough...gasp!  Well, that all changed last night!  Two of my boys (the oldest and youngest) have birthdays this month and both want to bring a sweet treat for their classmates in celebration of their birthdays.  Cue, the cookie stamps and a new recipe I came across on Pinterest!

Birthday one is tomorrow, so cookies went to school this morning.


Taylor was so excited to take his orange birthday cookies to school!  And, Sawyer is equally excited for when I make more for him to take in a couple weeks.  He has already requested I make lemon and lime ones for his class!

In the past, I've only used my cookie stamps with certain recipes (sugar cookies, shortbread, gingerbread) because they work best with a cookie that is smooth (no chocolate chips!) and doesn't puff up too much while baking.  This time around I tried a Jell-O cookie recipe with them and it worked awesome!  I came across the recipe on Pinterest and you can find it here.  She has two recipes for these cookies on her site...I kind of did a combination of the two for mine!


A couple tips for Jell-O cookies.....
  • use a scoop to make the balls uniform size (I usually use the smallest Pampered Chef scoop for cookies)
  • the dough is soft, but shouldn't be sticky
  • after rolling the balls in sugar, place on cookie sheet and squish with the cookie stamp
  • dust your cookie stamp in flour BEFORE squishing each ball (trust me on this one!); just make sure you tap the excess flour off before squishing
  • let them cool on the pan for a while before transferring them to a cooling rack
  • these cookies shouldn't be brown on the bottom
I used the present stamp out of the newest set of cookie stamps, the Special Events set.  You can find them, along with the other cookie stamp sets in my online store!

Let me know how yours turn out if you try them.  Happy baking and have an inspired day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!