Monday, April 1, 2013

Best Of Love...Olive You!

I think my favorite stamp from the Best Of Love set is the olive you one!  It's weird, because I HATE olives, but this stamp just makes me laugh! 



When using the olive you stamp, one MUST use Old Olive!  So, that's where I started with this card!  I stamped the olive image on some watercolor paper and watercolored it with aqua painters and ink (just squish the lid of the ink pad into the ink pad and then pick up the ink from the lid with an aqua painter).  The little red part of the olive was colored with a Stampin' Write Marker and so was the heart.  And, when it was all dry, I added some Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details on the heart to give it a little bling! 

LA Stamper TIP:  When watercoloring, stamp your images with StazOn ink so it doesn't bleed when coloring.

It was a VERY exciting moment for me when I found out the olive you fit in the wavy pennant framelit!  However, you must cut the pennant and then stamp...I know, backwards from what I always tell everyone to do, but it doesn't fit if you stamp and then cut out.

I finished the card off by adding a layer of stamped Old Olive cardstock and some Cherry Cobbler baker's Twine. 

Being that it's April 1, the newest Best Of set is available!  April's set is Best of Butterflies and I LOVE it!  Check it out on the "Best of" page (click the tab at the top!).

Everything you need to create this card is available in my online store.  Head on over with the shopping list and place your order today!

Shopping List:
  • Cardstock (Basic Black, Old Olive, Real Red)
  • Watercolor Paper
  • Ink (Black StazOn, Old Olive)
  • Stampin' Write Markers (Real Red, Old Olive)
  • Dazzling Details (Cherry Cobbler)
  • Baker's Twine (Cherry Cobbler)
  • Bitty Banners Framelits
  • Big Shot
  • Stampin' Dimensionals
  • SNAIL Adhesive

Super simple and easy!  Have an inspired day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!