Monday, May 6, 2013

Best of...Flowers

Oooh...I absolutely LOVE the card I have to share today!  Do you ever get stuck on a color combination?  Right now I am absolutely loving the Pool Party/Tempting Turquoise/Crumb Cake combo.  Can't get enough of it...and have another card with the same combination to share in a couple days!


I found a card like this on Pinterest and "Stampin' Up'd" it.  Did you notice the background paper?  It's the Natural Composition Speciality DSP...why, of why did I not fall in love with this paper sooner?!?!?!?!  Each sheet is clear embossed with a pattern.  *love, swoon*

My main shape is cut with one of the window frame framelits.  You will need to cut one for a background, part of one for the side and part of another for the bottom.  To get the mottled look on the flowers, I used sponge daubers and just randomly inked up the image with the colors.  It's finished off with some fun ribbon and a little bling in the form of 2 super sparkly rhinestones!


Here's a fun tip...putting rhinestones on polka dot paper makes it a cinch to line up those rhinestones!  One on each polka dot!

I love this card and the layout so much, I just may use a version of it for my convention swaps this summer...unless I think of something else more fun!

Everything you need to re-create this card is available in my online store (unless it appears on the retired list and has sold out), so head on over to my online store witht he shopping list to place your order today!

Shopping List
  • Stamps (Best of Flowers)
  • Ink (Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade)
  • Cardstock (Whisper White, Temptime Turquoise, Early Espresso)
  • DSP (Natural Composition, Pool Party-from In Color Stack)
  • Ribbon (Pool Party Ruffled, Early Espresso narrow Taffeta)
  • Basic Rhinestones
  • Big Shot & Window Frames Framelits
  • Stampin' Dimensionals
  • SNAIL
Have an inspired day!






Have an inspired day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!