Thursday, May 2, 2013

Happy Birthday, Man!

One of my favorite styles of card is a masculine card.  I find these one of the easiest ones for me to make.  I'm not sure if it's my love of blues and browns or my love of natural, rustic looking stuff or my love of texture on a card, but masculine cards just come naturally to me.  Good thing because there are a LOT of boys in my life!

The card I'm showing you today was designed as a birthday card, but would make a fantastic Father's Day card if you just changed out the sentiment.


I used some of my favorite "go to" masculine products for this card...Wood grain embossing folder, blues and browns, the little button brads from the Vintage Trinkets and linen thread (I love how I can make linen thread look vintagey and feminine or rustic and masculine!).


Chevron paper?  I know what you're wondering..."Where is that from", right?  Well, it's a piece of cardstock stamped with the chevron oval from the Oh, Hello set.  I stamped it once across the top of the cardstock and once across the bottom of the cardstock and the space in the middle is covered by the strip with the sentiment.  So fun!  I love when I can take something from a pretty feminine set and make it masculine.  That oval is proving to be a VERY useful stamp in my collection!

Everything you need to re-create this card is available in my online store.  Head on over there with the shopping list to place your order today!

Shopping List
  • Stamps (Oh, Hello, Wacky Wishes)
  • Ink (Soft Suede)
  • Cardstock (Midnight Muse, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake)
  • DSP (Parker's Patterns...from the spring catalog)
  • Ribbon (Not Quite Navy Taffeta, Linen Thread)
  • Vintage Trinkets (the little button brads)
  • Big Shot, Top Note Die, Woodgrain Embossing Folder
  • Stampin' Dimensionals
  • Stampin' Sponges
  • SNAIL & Multi-Purpose Adhesive
Have an inspired day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!