Thursday, June 26, 2014

Hello Honey & Lost Lagoon Cake Pop!

Each time a new catalog comes out I do a big swap with the demonstrators on my team.  We get together and stamp an afternoon or evening away and go home with loads of new samples to share at our events.  For the last swap we did in May, one of the projects I did was a cake pop holder.


As soon as I saw this stamp in the Num Num stamp set I knew exactly what my project would be!  My color inspiration came from the Moonlight DSP stack and I paired Hello Honey with Lost Lagoon and a little bit of Basic Gray.


I started with a strip of Hello Honey cardstock which I stamped with an image from the Mosaic Madness set and Hello Honey ink.  I punched each end with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch and did some scoring in the middle so it would be able to sit flat on a table.

The little saying is from the Num Num set and I colored it with Stampin' Write Markers to get it multi-colored.  I stuck it on my project with the new Fast Fuse adhesive and embellished with a little Lost Lagoon banner and a metal button.  The cake pop is tied in with some Lost Lagoon ribbon (you know...that luscious new In Color ribbon that you need every color of!!!).

I will admit that at first I didn't really like the new Fast Fuse adhesive.  It's really sticky, but there's a bit of a learning curve.  Now that I've figured it out I think I will be using it a lot more!!!!  Here's a little video comparing Fast Fuse and SNAIL so you can see the difference between the two...and I had a little Harry Potter moment (HP fans will know it when they see it!!!)!



Everything you need (except the cake pops!) to create this project can be found in my online store.  Head on over there with the shopping list and place your order today!

Shopping List
Stamps:  Num Num, Mosaic Madness
Ink:  Hello Honey, Stampin' Write Markers (Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Basic Gray)
Carstock:  Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Basic Gray
Accessories:  Lost Lagoon Stitched Satin Ribbon, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Basic Metal Buttons
Tools:  Banner Punch, Scallop Tag Topper Punch, Stampin' Trimmer, Fast Fuse Adhesive

Have an inspired day!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!