Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Cotton Ball Technique

Hi Stampin' Peeps!  It's the first Tuesday of the month which means it's Technique Tuesday!  Today I have a really fun technique that adds dimension to stamped images without having to emboss them.

A while back one of my demonstrator friends was talking about the Cotton Ball Technique.  I was curious, so I googled it and watched a few videos.  Today I'm sharing my take on the technique.


  • Stamp your image
  • Outline the image with the small end of the Simply Scored stylus (use the Paper Piercing mat to create a spongy surface under your cardstock for this step)
  • Flip your cardstock over and using the large end of the stylus, go over the whole image staying inside the outline that you made.  You are kind of stretching the cardstock a bit or breaking down the fibers of the paper.  Be careful that you don't poke through the cardstock!
  • Apply Fast Fuse to the entire image (on the not stamped side!).
  • Put small bits of cotton over the image
  • Flip it over and stick it down to your card layer
  • With the small end of the stylus go around the outside edge of the image again to make sure it's good and stuck.
Here's a close up of the puffy leaf on my card.


I did up a video so you could see how the technique is done!


Pretty cool, eh?  I had so much fun with this technique that I made a bunch more cards to share!

The wreath is puffy

Puffy little stars!

Puffy tree!

I love this technique!!!!  You definitely need to give it a try!

Anything (except the cotton balls) you need to create all of these cards is available in my online store!  Head on over there to place an order today, or contact me to place an order today!

If you like what you see and are Canadian, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  Please contact me and I can send you a catalog ASAP!

Have an inspired day!












2 comments:

  1. love it. I never quite "got" it until I saw your great video so THANK YOU! Will be trying this really soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!